Looking to take things up a notch for Thanksgiving? With the help of talented chefs and bartenders from around the world, Modelo Negra has developed a selection of delicious dishes and beer cocktails that represent the best flavors from Mexico and beyond.
This includes a spicy beer-brined grilled turkey for the big day, as well as a red chili steak with beans that will delight the table any time of the year.
Beer-cured Grilled Turkey with Red Pepper Adobo
For 12 people
- 1 whole, bone-in, skin-on fresh turkey breast, about 6 pounds
- 1 bottle (12 oz.) Of Modelo Negra beer
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 1 ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups of chicken or turkey broth
- 6 medium ancho peppers (about 3 oz) dried, hulled, seeded and torn into flat pieces
- 1 C. dried oregano, preferably Mexican
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 c. ground clove
- ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 C. each, dried: marjoram, thyme leaf
- Olive oil
- 2½ tbsp. canola oil pressed by expeller
- 2-3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 or 2 cups of mesquite wood chips
– Put 2 ½ liters of water, sugar, salt and pepper flakes in a very large, deep saucepan. Stir the mixture to dissolve the sugar and salt. Add the beer; mix well.
– Divide the turkey breast into two pieces along the breastbone. Put the turkey in the beer brine, making sure it is submerged. Refrigerate covered 6-8 hours.
– Soak the mesquite shavings in water to cover for at least 30 minutes. Heat a gas grill over medium-high heat or start a charcoal fire and let it burn until the coals are covered with gray ash and are very hot.
– When the grill is ready, turn the center burner (s) to medium-low or put the coals on the sides for indirect cooking. Add a few soaked wood chips to the grill (for a gas grill, place them in a smoker box or wrap the chips in foil; for charcoal, place them on the hot coals). For the charcoal grill, put the grill grid in place.
– Remove the turkey from the brine and dry it thoroughly with paper towels. Rub the turkey with garlic and sprinkle with herbs.
– Place the turkey breast halves on a roasting rack inside a heavy aluminum pan. Drizzle lightly with oil.
– Place the pan on the cooking grid. Pour 1 cup of water into the turkey pan. Cover the grill and cook over medium heat. To maintain a consistent temperature with a charcoal grill, add charcoal regularly (usually a few pieces every half hour or so). Continue to add wood chips as desired to give smoke.
– Open another Modelo Negra and enjoy it!
To see the Red pepper steak with beans recipe and sort all original beer cocktails and authentic Modelo cooking recipes, filtering your preferences here. Make sure you profit responsibly.
Drink responsibly. Modelo Especial and Modelo Negra beers. Imported by Crown Imports, Chicago, IL.