NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
For National BBQ Month in May, we’re featuring a slew of mouth-watering recipes from smoked meats to side dishes.
Today, we love these southern-inspired baked beans from The Cagle Diaries food blog.
Melanie Cagle, founder of The Cagle Diaries, says her husband loves to “imagine himself” when it comes to baked beans. So this recipe “is loaded with ground meat and sausages, so it’s almost a meal in itself,” the food blogger explains.
MOUTH WATERING BBQ CHICKEN NACHOS: TRY THE RECIPE
“The flavor of the sweet and smoky beans is really complemented by a good potato salad,” adds Cagle.
Get the full recipe below.
NASHVILLE BBQ PRO REVEALS ITS SIGNATURE CORN PUDDING: TRY THE RECIPE
Southern Baked Beans by Melanie Cagle, TheCagleDiaries.com
Makes 12 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours
8 slices of bacon
1 large sweet onion
1 large green pepper
1 large stalk of celery
3 cloves of garlic
1 lb ground meat
4 cans of 15 oz pork and beans
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. Old-style mustard
⅓ cup barbecue sauce
1 lb ground meat
1 tbsp. Creole Seasoning
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
1. Chop and cook the bacon.
2. Remove bacon and set aside, letting it drain.
3. Cook the trinity (onion, pepper and celery) with the garlic in the bacon fat.
4. Add beans, sugar, mustard and barbecue sauce and stir to combine.
5. Brown the minced meat with the Creole seasoning then put it back in the beans with the bacon.
6. Stir to combine, cover and cook over low heat for two hours.
This original recipe belongs to TheCagleDiaries.com and was shared with Fox News Digital.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LIFESTYLE NEWSLETTER