Recipe courtesy of Chef Nino/Rouses Markets
- 2 pounds Rouses taco sausages, seared, grilled or baked for 10 minutes on each side, or until internal temperature reaches 165ºF
- 3 tablespoons cold-pressed olive oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into ¼-inch slices •
- 1 red onion, cut into ⅛ inch strips
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp Chef Nino Make It Mexican Seasoning
- 1 container Rouses fresh guacamole
- 1 container fresh Rouses pico de gallo
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6-8 tortillas
1. Place all vegetables in a medium mixing bowl. Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil to the vegetables and toss to coat well.
2. Add Make It Mexican Seasoning to the vegetables and mix well.
3. Heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegetables and sauté, stirring often, for 15 minutes or to your preferred doneness.
4. Place 2 6-inch pieces of cooked Rouses taco sausage, halved lengthwise, on tortillas. Place the cooked vegetables over the sausages.
5. Top with Rouses guacamole or pico de gallo, or both. Sprinkle with cilantro just before serving.
ABOUT ROUSES MARKETS:
- 7361 Theodore Dawes Road, Theodore, AL 36582, (251) 653-7391
- 1545 Gulf Shores Parkway, Gulf Shores, AL 36542, (251) 948-4715
- 112 Saraland Loop, Saraland, AL 36571, (251) 675-8124
- 4350 Old Shell Road, Mobile, AL 36608, (251) 380-0020
- 6729 Spanish Fort Rd., Spanish Fort, AL 36527, (251) 621-0552
- 7765 Airport Boulevard #609, Mobile, AL 36608, 251-272-5026
- 25405 Perdido Beach Boulevard, Orange Beach, AL 36561, 251-272-5034
Download the FOX10 weather app. Receive severe weather warnings and alerts for your location, wherever you are. Available for free in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
Copyright 2022 WALA. All rights reserved.