Baking and cooking is a great way to learn a new skill and keep you from getting bored.
Senior Lecturer in Sports Nutrition at Manchester Metropolitan University, Ozcan Esen, and Sports and Fitness Nutrition students (Hons) contributed to the development of this recipe.
If you’re trying to do it at home, post your image on social media with the hashtag #WPNutrition.
See below for our Baked Eggs with Beans in Sauce recipe.
Ingredients of baked eggs with beans in sauce to make two servings
- 2 x 400g cans of cherry tomatoes
- 400 g mixed bean salad, drained
- 200g baby spinach
- 4 medium eggs
- 50g thinly sliced smoked ham, torn
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread, for serving
- Pour the tomato and bean salad into a skillet or ovenproof casserole dish and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and cook for five minutes, until softened.
- Heat the grill to medium heat.
- Make four indentations in the mixture with the back of a spoon and crack an egg into each.
- Spread the ham evenly in the mixture and broil for four to five minutes, until the egg whites are set.
- Serve with bread on the side.
- Calories (kcal): 370
- Carbs (g): 27
- Protein (g): 32
- Fat(g): 12
Discover more recipes here.
Main image: BBC Good Food Me