Why go out for a burger when you can do this awesome pork number, with coleslaw that really tastes like kale, in less time at home?
500g minced pork
1 tablespoon coarsely chopped sage
1 tablespoon coarsely chopped parsley
1/3 cup dried breadcrumbs
1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
1/3 cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup store-bought applesauce
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1/4 cup maple sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 large beetroot, peeled
2 cups trimmed cabbage leaves
4 slices of cheddar cheese (about 100 g in total)
1 green apple, thinly sliced
4 burger buns, toasted
1. Combine mince, herbs, breadcrumbs, parmesan, egg and pecans. Divide the mince into four patties. Put aside.
2. Combine applesauce, paprika, maple syrup and Worcestershire in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, 1 to 3 minutes, until reduced and sticky. Put aside.
3. Using a spiralizer or a peeler, grate the beetroot. Put aside.
4. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the patties for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
5. Divide the sauce between the buns. Top with kale, beets, cheddar, apple and patties. Sandwich and serve with additional sauce.