This pork recipe is easy to make in the slow cooker and cooks really well. It’s super delicious and versatile. You can use it for slices, grated sandwiches, on pizzas, salads and more!
3 lb pork loin
1 teaspoon of salt
1 tsp of paprika
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 tsp pepper
1/3 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Balsamic vinegar marinade
3 tablespoons of olive oil
3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1. Dry with paper towels
2. Combine the plain spices in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the pork.
3. Sear the pork in 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan until golden brown.
4. Mix the marinade in a food processor until thickened.
5. Add the broth to the slow cooker, place the pork loin fat side up and spread the marinade on top.
6. Cook gently and slowly for 4 to 6 hours.
7. Remove and cover with foil for 15 minutes. Slice and serve.
Jacob’s tips and tricks:
1. Cook longer to help it shred even more easily. It’s a dish that can easily be used to barbecue pulled pork, or use leftovers to shred with sauce.
2. I used it for a main course, then used the leftovers to make a BBQ pork pizza with Mama Dickey’s Ranch!
Do you have a favorite recipe that you want to share with Jacob? Follow him on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!