Summer may be almost over, but that doesn’t mean grilling season is here! If you’re looking for a unique way to use your grill, try this Chicken Shiner Beer Can.
This recipe is sure to please your whole group! Here is what you will need:
1 box minnow beer
1 Entire chicken
1 Stick Butter, softened
Favorite seasoning blend
1. To prepare the brine solution, boil water, kosher salt, rosemary, parsley, lemons, garlic and pickle seasoning. Add ice to the brine solution and place in the refrigerator until chilled.
2. Place the whole chicken in a deep saucepan and pour the brine solution over the chicken. Let the chicken brine in the refrigerator overnight for up to 24 hours.
3. Remove the chicken from the brine solution and rinse it under cold running water. Pat the chicken dry with paper towel.
4. In a small bowl, combine the butter and your favorite seasoning blend.
5. Remove the gloves from the chicken, rub it with the butter mixture and rub the whole chicken with the butter mixture.
6. Season the chicken with Koser salt.
7. Open the beer can and drink half the beer.
8. Add butter inside the half can of beer.
9. Insert the can of beer into the cavity of the chicken and stand upright in a pan.
10. Place the pan in a grill preheated to 450°F and close the lid. Let the chicken cook until the internal temperature reaches 175°F.
11. Remove chicken from grill and let rest before slicing.
12. Enjoy with tortillas and a cold Shiner beer!