Earthy yellow miso, ginger, garlic, vegetable and sesame oils, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and chili garlic sauce make up the marinade in this easy baked chicken thighs recipe adapted by The Kitchen.
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 45 min plus at least 4 h marinating
- Asset: 20 minutes
- 16 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, about 2 pounds
- 3 tablespoons yellow miso
- 1 piece (2 inches) fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 4 medium garlic cloves
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce or red chili paste
- Pat the chicken thighs dry with paper towel and place them in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- In a food processor, combine the rest of the ingredients to form a smooth paste. Add this marinade to the zip lock bag, seal and shake to make sure the chicken is well coated. Place in an ovenproof dish and refrigerate for 4 hours or up to overnight, turning the bag several times.
- Prepare the grill over medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade. Place the chicken on a grill that has been oiled or coated with cooking spray. Grill 3 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Serve immediately.