Here’s a perfect recipe for the start of the Labor Day weekend.
NASHVILLE BBQ PRO REVEALS ITS SIGNATURE MAS PUDDING: TRY THE RECIPE
In her blog post, O’Neal says the special mustard barbecue sauce is “the perfect frosting for kid’s skewers” and “adds a tangy touch” to the dish.
O’Neal also says the sauce only takes about 10 minutes to prepare. With the easy process of making kebabs, this dish is perfect for the last weekend of summer.
‘CHOCOLATE CHIP PECAN PIE’ COMBINES TWO DECADENT DESSERTS: TRY THE RECIPE
Mustard barbecue sauce
3/4 cup yellow mustard
3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons of light brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons butter (regular or dairy free)
1 tablespoon of ketchup
1 teaspoon of kosher coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon hot sauce (like Frank’s)
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
1 package Johnsonville Brats, any flavor
2 medium zucchini
2 peppers of any color
1 large red onion
1 small packet of whole button mushrooms
1 small jar of grape or cherry tomatoes
10 baby potatoes
10 bamboo skewers
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LIFESTYLE NEWSLETTER
1. In a medium saucepan, combine all the BBQ sauce ingredients, stir and simmer over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally. Soak the bamboo skewers in the water.
2. Start the grill and prepare for direct cooking over medium heat.
3. Cut the kids into 5 pieces each and cut the vegetables (except baby potatoes, tomatoes and mushrooms) into 2 inch pieces. Remove the bamboo skewers from the water and fill the skewers with 2-3 pieces of meat and various vegetables. Leave a 2-inch piece of bamboo open at the end for easy flipping, and garnish the skewers with a potato or mushroom to help keep everything safe.
4. Remove the BBQ sauce from the heat, taste and adjust the seasoning. Reserve half of the sauce. Place the skewers on the grill over direct heat for 6 minutes. Flip and cook for another 6 minutes. Turn over again and drizzle with BBQ sauce, cook for 3 minutes before turning again. Brush and let finish cooking for about 3 more minutes.
5. Let cool slightly before serving with the reserved BBQ mustard sauce.