(WFRV) – Mitch Ryan of Pellet Grill Addicts visited Local 5 Live with a recipe to up your grilling game.
See more great recipes at pelletgrilladdicts.com.
Pellet Grill Addicts Signature Smoked Queso Recipe
My family and friends fell in love with our smoky queso creations. Whenever we receive people, it seems that this is what they expect the most! This latest recipe is not only EASY to make, but it’s FILLED with well-rounded flavors. I encourage you to try this one – feel free to turn up the jalapenos if you’re looking for even more heat!
- Aluminum mold 13×9
- 1 pound of velveeta cheese; cube
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese; cube
- 8 ounces of Monterey Jack cheese; cube
- ½ cup jalapenos; sliced
- 1 pound hot breakfast sausage; burnished
- 1 rotel box; drained
- 1 large yellow onion; diced
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
MITCH TIP: When browning your sausage, be sure to sear the meat well; the less you stir, the better. This will create a beautiful crust that is PACKED with texture and phenomenal flavor.
Simply start by browning your hot sausage and prepping your ingredients while it browns. While this is winding down, set your smoker to 250F. Once your sausage is browned:
- Add the golden sausage to the center of your pan
- Pour the velveeta on it
- Sprinkle all the cubed cheese on top
- Pour the rotel in a circular motion
- Sprinkle with chopped onions
- Sprinkle the sliced jalapenos
- Pour in the mushroom soup to coat the rest
- Place on your smoker for half an hour
- After half an hour, check it and stir
- Let smoke another 15 minutes then remove the smoker if you like the texture
- Otherwise, let it roll for another 15 minutes!
- Check the dip again; it should be done for you and your guests
- Mix, serve and enjoy!